Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yes, There Was A Chick In Black Flag

The past few weeks have kind of blurred into each other, but it's basically been a combination of falling in love with Mega Man again, refamiliarizing myself with how much ass Commando kicks, finally getting to see American Hardcore (or AHxC if you're a trendy fuck), and getting turned on to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for my GameCube. I'm glad that my love of video games is slowly being renewed this semester, and I can't wait until I can actually afford to blow the money on a Nintendo Wii and buy all those old games I really want to play (fingers crossed for Dinosaurs For Hire and Rocket Knight Adventures).

In other news that more than three people might actually know what the hell I'm talking about (or care), I've scheduled for next semester and am going to try to do 18 credit hours. I'm currently slated for Astronomy, Biology, History of Film, Craft of Fiction, Senior Seminar and a TV Practicum through the TCOM Department which should be lots of fun.

I also did some video shoots this week for Arts & Sciences Vision for Arts Village feedback sessions, and it's nice to get some experience in. I got to run main camera and operate the video switcher for capturing. I was pretty nervous about both, but I think I did alright. I'm excited for the summer so money won't be as tight and I can work on my tan, some movie projects and other random endeavors. I'm also really looking forward to finally getting to visit Sean and Brendan out at their humble abode in New Jersey. These updates aren't very exciting, I know, but here's some recommended listening that I'm enjoying lately.

Say Anything's ...Is A Real Boy and ...Was A Real Boy
Gorilla Biscuits' Start Today
Dead Milkmen's Now We Are 20
Strike Anywhere's Dead FM
Dethklok's Metalocalypse soundtrack
mc chris' Knowing Is Half The Hassle
Optimus Rhyme's Positronic Pathways
Bad Brains' Bad Brains
Various Artists' No Thanks! The 70's Punk Rebellion

Next week is "Prom" which I'm looking forward to, and the following week is the final FratCave party (of the school year, that is). That's fun because my friends know how to party without being creeps or using roofies and that's a fact I'm very proud of.

This post was brought to you by italics.

1 comment:

Zach said...

I wouldn't say we all know how to party without roofies...hey-o!

Also, American Hardcore needed more Youth...as in Crucial Youth..and Gorilla Biscuts and stuff.