Monday, January 29, 2007

Days of Future Past

"There is something out there waiting for us...and it ain't no man."

Status update-Still a little under the weather, but I'm getting better.

"I ain't got time to bleed."

Tomorrow morning I'm going out in the morning (7 AM...ugh) to help my buddy Ryan do a video shoot in some forest in a town about an hour west of Bowling Green. I got nothing better to do, plus I like helping out with stuff like that when I can.

Mark sent me some old Apostasy (my first "real" band) tracks over the weekend and I gave them a listen. I'd love to write better lyrics for the songs and track them again, because the musicianship on them was pretty amazing but my vocals sucked back then (although there are those who might argue that my vocals still suck).

I'm starting to get a little worried about the state of Experimental Film. Right now it seems like there's pretty much zero interest in it and the only people who are very much about getting it done are myself, Tom (my DP), Erik (a comic goldmine) and Matt (who's helping to score the film) and it's kind of got me doubting whether or not it's gonna happen at all this semester which sucks because I'm really attached to this script and I'd hate for it not to happen. But I'm one more trainwreck (the previous two being My Roommate's A Zombie!!! and Marduk's Madness) from just giving up on filmmaking all together. Only a handful of people out of the dozens who are supposedly "film people" seem to have any interest in actually making anything, everyone else just wants to talk about Oscar nods and what not.

Whatever. It's a bunch of noise that needs to get fucked. I'm out.

4 comments:

_Theresa said...

Hey there don't quit.
If you still need help I can do it. I ment to tell you that at the meeting but I went to starbucks instead. I don't have much in the ways of experience but hey..

Matt said...

I don't think Marduk's Madness was a train wreck.

Stephen L. Hildreth said...

Marduk's Madness was a triumph for the timeframe and conditions you put yourself under. You should be really proud of what you accomplished.

For me personally, it's just hard to dedicate more of my time to more projects. I already have Tikvah, Video III, The Practicum, UFO, Videobank, work, sleep, and my attempts at being a social retard with the opposite sex. That's a really fulfilling life. Did I say fulfilling? I just meant filled.

So, yeah, I'll help you however I can, but this semester is pretty ridic...ya know like getting married at White Castle.

emily said...

Yeah, seriously, Marducks was a pretty great thing when you look at the big picture.

Also, going off of what Steve said again, I am also on crew for Tikva, VideoBank, and StudentVoice, in addition to Video III, Practicum, and UFO. I am also doing a little freelance work with E103 (gotta get paid, gotta get laid!) Oh, and I'm working with 18 credit hours plus work. HOW DO I HAVE TIME TO BLOG SO MUCH?! But if you need any sort of talking help (I would all it advice, but that makes me sound like I know something) I'm here for you.

Also going off Steve's comment one more time, two of my friends won a wedding from a radio station at White Castle. I'll have to give you the full story later. It rocks.