Monday, February 26, 2007

Now I Want You To Go Back To Sleep!

The Calm Before The Panamania was anything but. Although I have every reason to believe that I wasn't drunk enough. But I shall rectify that come St. Patty's Day which, once I check up on, may be being hosted at the FratCave.

Wednesday morning begins the first day of shooting for Experimental Film and I'm excited to finally get production underway on this project. I've got roughly five weeks to shoot and edit an hour long film, but I think it's possible seeing as how Marduk's Madness was thirty-five minutes and done in roughly two and a half weeks. We'll also be editing this as we go along so I'm confident we'll complete it in time and if we don't I'll just see about it screening it at the Union and enter it next year.

In band news, there are some rough demos of us up at purevolume.com/onenationunderbg and myspace.com/onenationunderbg. We're currently working on getting a new bass player and hopefully we'll have an album recorded by the end of April.

Since I have to borrow my buddy Tom's drawing table for Experimental Film, I might actually get started on that neglected notion I had of putting together a comic book, but I seriously need to hone my chops as an artist although I'm making some improvement.

I've also all but decided that I'm not working back home at Recreation Unlimited this summer. It makes zero sense to work my butt off when 80% of my earnings are going to pay for someplace that I'm not even using, plus if my plan to teach at BGSU works out, I'm gonna end up living here anyway so what better time to start than now?

Also, Liquid X Records is on my shit list since they decided to not sign my best friend's band at the 11th hour after they jerked them around with showers of praise and flew them to the old people capital of the world for a photo shoot and to cut a single...For shame, Liquid X Records...You may be artist owned and operated, but you're still a buncha jerks!

In closing, I still hate hippies.

"That's what we call this house now I want you to go back to sleep! Go back to sleep, my dear!"

No comments: