Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And I Thought They Smelled Bad On The Outside

So, this is what's going down. We're currently in Day Two of what I like to call "The Calm Before The Storm." Now, typically, some disaster (natural or otherwise) occurs, potentially closing down some institutions (Bowling Green State University) and making travel difficult. From there, it's a hop, skip and a suspiciously coincidental act that renders all communication impossible, cutting off the peaceful village of Bowling Green from the rest of the world. Enter Phase Two-The invasion. Either by Xenomorphs, Predators or zombies, but by God you better believe there's going to be an invasion. I've strategically outfitted my domicile with weaponry to aid me in the event of such an...event. The FratCave will stand as the last bastion of survival for those in Bowling Green. Once the survivors have been rounded up and made it there, we'll make our glorious last stand before escaping the corporation limit mere moments before it is nuked into oblivion...It's the only way to be sure. Naturally, I'll survive (I have to, I'm the main character in this narrative) and chances are a female will make it out and she'll fall in love with me, and maybe one other survivor to provide us with moments of comic relief to ease the tension that we are the last living people in Wood County, which isn't that big of a deal...Until we find out that this has happened literally all over the world and we may very well be the last of our kind anywhere on this rock! With the aid of love, science and some big fucking guns, we'll take it back! We'll rebuild! We'll repopulate! We'll make it work...this time!

And who says romance is dead? That's my Valentine's Day story. Deal with it.

Now, this is what's really going down. It's V-Day and we just had a snow day yesterday. We also have a snow day today...But I don't have internet or cable at my apartment yet, so I didn't know these things until after I trudged all the way from downtown to the student union. Bowling Green very much resembles the ice planet Hoth in Empire right now. If this continues until tomorrow, though, I'll be pissed because that means Time Warner won't come install my cable or internet and they'll have to reschedule...I've already waited a fucking month! I want my window to the world and I wanted it yesterday!

But I suppose I'll clean the FratCave. Someone should call or brave the storm and hang out there, otherwise cabin fever might settle in and I'll start hallucinating and writing weird blog entries like I did last year when I was snowed in for a week.

No comments: